Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dancing With Elves

Jolly Elves will dance their way into into your heart.


The stamps are all from vivalasvegastamps.com
The elf below was made dimensional using a layering technique
called PaperTole.

As you'll see I love to stamp on printed paper, I love the feeling it gives the piece.

I love this little "dancing elf" There are so many ways to use this versatile little guy with his little out stretched hands to hold things and his little tip toe feet to stand on anything.





All stamps in this post are done with water color pencils.




Below I have incorporated my 3 favorite Christmas stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps:


"Holly Santa" item number 14721 (plate 1205) , "Dancing Elf" item number 10106 (Plate 975) and "Christmas ball " item number 9234 (plate 290) in many of these. All 3 of these stamps are very versatile.

I was thinking that elves have a great deal of down time between Christmas'. So I decided they needed a summer job, so why not 4th of July elves? That still gives them an awful lot of free time. We may have to find them other holidays to work?
Cheryl Lindsay

2 comments:

Joe M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe M said...

Cheryl,

I loved your elves so much that I have already bought the stamp! I think your cards look great. Thanks for the tips, I love the layered elf on patterned paper the most.