Thursday, May 03, 2012

Faux Embroidery with Two Toucans on a Branch

I used the Viva Las Vegastamps! rubber stamp (Two Toucans On Branch-Item 8829 Plate 695) in my Rhodia dotWebbie journal, colored up with Tim Holtz Distress markers. I only had 5 colors at that time, so I used a Pentel white sunburst gel pen to soften and widen my range.  The patterns were drawn with a handmade pen that uses a Bic ballpoint tip.  For some reason, this drawing makes me think of an embroidered piece of cloth, so I call it Faux Embroidery.



Note about the steps to this pattern: Botanical was created with the help of a 10-year old, who told me what she wanted me to draw. She declined to have her name or work displayed because she's shy. For more information about Zentangle® and Zentangle-Inspired-Art and patterns, please see my post from April 1st.

No comments: