Monday, May 21, 2012

Mary is Blooming in May

Mary Vogel Lozinak is an incredibly talented artist whose images of whimsy and strangeness has become some of my most favorite VLVS images!  Coming up in a few days the VLVS DT and all who have created wonderful art with Mary images will be showcased with the "linked up" blog hop.

In honor of Mary, and the flowers blooming in my yard, here is a fun project using acid-free acetate, mica powder, and Miracle Tape Sheets.

Here is a close-up of the image from VLVS Mary V L sheet # 1401.  The mica powder adheres to the Miracle Tape Sheet.  I backed it in black to make the image pop even more!  I adore this image with its whimsical flowers,  The image isn't just flowers, but the little dots and embellished drawing makes this image perfect to stamp on acetate or paper using whatever media you want.

Here is the full card.  "Wild Thing" is from Mary's sheet #1402.  It is hard to photograph mica powders but I think you can see the beautiful shimmery metallics and how wonderful Mary's image works with this technique.



For the envelope I stamped the image and cut it apart and changed the look of the envelope to match the insert art I made. 

I have something totally strange for the blog hop!  Love Mary's birds and I have them giving some attitude.  Please check out the blog hop, add your own work, and enjoy the talents of Mary Vogel Loinak *

Cre8tivLea Yours as always - Lea

2 comments:

Carly said...

Oh my goodness! stunning! what a totally gorgeous effect.
xoxox Carly

Sandra Strait said...

Awesome!