Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Altered Halloween File Folder Part II


Happy Wednesday everyone! leslierahye here with part two of my altered folder project that I began two weeks ago. Today I am finishing up the labels on the pockets making the base tags for my recipe cards. To catch up on the beginning of this project start here.

For this project :

[list for the 1st part of the post is here]

The base of the tags was formed in the same manner as the base of the file folder--black was "dry-brushed" around the edges. Images were stamped to mimic the images on the folder. Space was left on the middle of the tag to label your recipe and the entire back side was made available for the recipe. May Arts ribbons and trimmed were colored with ink to match.



using the alphabet from the December Daily plate and a ¼" square punch I created letters for my words from a piece of water colored paper. I kept my alpha intact for this express purpose. I love how the words on my pocket turned out with this stamped alphabet!
I hope you enjoy my project! Thank you for looking~leslierahye



4 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

I just love your recipe folder! I can think of a 100 other ways to use it to!

TheEllenBee said...

Love yor project aand I LOVE the way you used the alphabet on the December Daily. Inow need to get the punch :-)

Barbara Rankin said...

This is so cool, Leslierahye. I love how you colored the tags and ribbon, and the way you cut out the alphabet and used it on the tags. Very clever.

Glenda T. said...

Gorgeous colors and I really want that chicken wire stamp!!