Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Collaged Season's Greetings with a View of the London Skyline


Welcome to Viva Las Vegastamps!!! I hope you are having a terrific Tuesday. Susan here sharing a stamped Holiday Card with a collage background using some homemade tissue tape.


A Reminder - this month we are having a special "December Daily" week-long event in which the whole design team has been challenged to create with the VLVS! December Daily plate #1430.


For today's project I made homemade stamped tissue tape... YES - I made it myself! It's pretty easy, too. All you need is some tissue, a stamp, ink and your trusty Miracle Tape in whatever width you desire your tissue tape to be.


Using a warm grey ink, I stamped Jingle Bells #10686 repeatedly across a section of recycled tissue {that has already been gently crinkled here and there}. I tore stamped tissue into strips - I might add this really looks like the ready-made store bought stuff, too!


Then I grabbed my Miracle Tape and adhered it to the back of the tissue strips. I varied the thickness of Miracle Tape to the width of my torn musical tissue strips.


I stamped Fancy Border #18951 with Versafine Black Ink onto lower section of my kraft card base. I peeled off the backing and collaged my tissue tape to my card base. Easy peasy! Then I rubbed with a gesso acrylic mixture to mute the color and aged with Old Paper Distress Ink.






I masked off the border with post-it notes and began stamping in the scene. Using black Versafine ink, I stamped the Christmas Trees, then overlapped London skyline, and finished off with "Season's Greetings" sentiment. I gently heat set ink to dry and rubbed antique gold dew drop ink around card edges. The card is finished off with May Arts paper raffia and by adding some black gems along the fancy border.

Presenting my collaged "Season's Greetings" card!


Thanks so much for dropping by today! Hang around a little while and check out what the rest of the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team has been up to. Don't forget to visit the Viva Las Vegastamps! store - for all your stamping needs and for every occasion...and MIRACLE TAPE, too!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. I'll be back with another stamping adventure real soon! Hope you have an inky day! Sb

7 comments:

Squiddy said...

Miracle tape is the best for making tissue tape - it's so finely delicate compared to what else I have access to

Sandra Strait said...

This card is awesome! It would make a great collage stamp!

Stamped Impressions said...

Miracle tape is the best, I love your creation!

Barbara Rankin said...

OMG, I really love this card. The texture is wonderful, and I love how you shared with us how to do it.

leslierahye said...

pretty! great tissue paper technique

Unknown said...

This is just stunning1 I love the vintage feel.

Glenda T. said...

Love that tissue paper background!