Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's another trap!

Back in November there was an altered mouse trap swap over at the VLVS! swap group on Facebook. The swap was inspired by my mouse traps I did for the Halloween blog hop. I was truly honored that my work was the inspiration for this swap. I didn't do the swap, because I knew I wouldn't be able to get another package of traps in time. I later talked with DeeDee and told her I will be doing one and sending it to the store. I had 1 trap left from the last package I got back in September.


The theme of the swap was powerful women. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but after going one way I went another way. lol I started out with a base coat of black craft paint. Then I did a layer with crackle medium. after that dried I did 2 coats of magenta craft paint. Two coats because it was water down. After that dried this is where I made a right turn. lol

I wanted to use my Lady Silhouette so I thought hmmm it needs some sparkle. I had this heat and stick stuff that I got years ago, from a local rubber stamp store that is no longer in business  This is just like the Heat and Stick that is now out from Ranger. I had never tried it so I thought why not try it now. So I did. I used the clear embossing pad on the back of the trap and the sprinkled some of the heat and stick on it. heat set it and it was sticky. then used a white glitter from Art Institute  and it stuck nicely to the back of the trap. I then did the other side, but with a hot pink glitter.

I stamped the lady on the Kromecote and colored her with watercolor from Artist Loft. Cut her out and glued her on the trap with hot glue. I added a flower from Jolie's next to her. The quote is from the same plate as the lady. I stamped that quote on the matte side of the Kromecote. I trimmed it and edge it with the picked raspberry distress ink pad. I lightly did the inside with the same pad too what was left on the sponge. I attached that on the metal parts of the trap with glossy accents.


stamps used
Lady Silhouette
"if I'd observed all the rules, I'd never got anywhere"

Items used
Kromecote
Mouse trap
black craft paint
crackle medium
magenta craft paint
Clear embossing pod
Heat and stick embossing pwder
Art institute glitters
Glossy accents
hot glue
flower



3 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful mousetrap!

Anonymous said...

looks great

Unknown said...

looks fab.. i love Marylin she is truly iconic, i have designed a card with her on too :) in my blog. www.creativecardcraft.blogspot.co.uk