Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Asian New Years - Recycle Projects

Just passed, the Chinese New Years.  I love Asian and Egyptian motifs.  This project is recycling a project I made in the late 90's, updating it with Viva Las VegaStamps images.

I used to partake in the Art Continuum back in the day and I wanted to hone in my book making skills.  I learned Stab Binding and Coptic Binding.  The book you see, is my stab-bound book done in Washi papers.

See the binding on the book?

VLVS Images:

9842 - Child With Bird
(Komodo Asian Writing sold in store, Discontinued All Night Media flower sold in store)


1.  Cut a square piece of cardstock and paint with Gold Perfect Pigment Paint by USArtQuest.  Stamp images in Black Memento ink.

2.  Use Distressed Inks by Ranger and distress the Asian writing and rip.  Set aside for now.

3.  Accent girl with metallic gel pen and Copics.

4.  Adhere to book with Miracle Tape and adhere ripped writing.  Tie Asian Charm to corner of stab binding.

She is such a sweet girl.  The buttons match the color in the design of the Washi paper.

Think of a theme, find old projects without stamping and add a stamped motif to spruce up the project!  This bound book is now ready for me to journal in.  I will stamp and collage Asian motifs on every page to go with my journaling.


Cre8tivelea Yours - Lea



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh this is amazing, I love the binding too, the stamp is incredible!