Monday, June 10, 2013

More melted crayon fun

Last year I showed an ATC I made using the Melted crayon technique that I learned how to do from Martha,Seeking for Art(Martha's ustream of this technique). Today I'm going to show you 2 more ATC's I did recently with the melted crayon technique, this time using Kromecote.

I wanted to see if the Melted crayon technique would work using Kromecote. So, I started playing around with it. I did 2 ATC's using both sides of the Kromecote. The glossy side (left side) and the matte side(right side). You can see the different results I got.


I'll start with the left one. The glossy side

I stamped on the Kromecote with the Brick background stamp with Black Versafine ink pad. Because I stamped on the glossy side The ink is still very wet, so I embossed with the Ultra High gloss embossing powder. Yes, more experimenting. After it was embossed I  took some crayons in blue hues and with my craft iron melted the crayons and wiped them on the Kromecote. When I was done I heated the back of the atc to get the way hot. I turned it back around to wipe off the wax. But I was starting to wipe off the color off as well(even some of the embossing). So I left it alone. i like dhow it looked anyway. I stamped the Boy in cape on white cardstock. and colored him in with my Prisma's. I used foam tape to put him on the ATC. I stamped the all my Heroes sentiment and cut the words apart and glued with glossy accents because there is wax where I was putting the words at I had to hold there a little bit to make sure it didn't pop off. 


Now to the Matte side


I stamped the Harlequin Diamond background with the black Versafine ink pad. I used magenta and purple crayons with my craft iron. I turned the paper over to heat the way. then I took a paper towel and wiped the wax off leaving the color.

On white cardstock I stamped with Black Achrival ink pad the Writing Arrow, coffee pot inn. I painted them with my Pearlesent water colors. The arrow smudged a little, but I was fine with that. I used Miracle tape to the coffee pot on the ATC. The arrow I made it like a tree and used foam tape to put it on the ATC. I stamped the A morning without coffee sentiment. and cut out the words. Glued them on with glossy accents. 




Stamps used
brick background
Boy in cape
all my heroes
Harlequin Diamond background
Coffee pot inn
A morning without coffee

Items used
Kromecote
Miracle tape
Black Archival ink pad
Black Versafine ink pad
crayola crayons
foam tape
glossy accents
pearlesent water colors
water brush

8 comments:

AnyOldCraft said...

These are fab ATC and the techniques are great.

Linda Wescott said...

Great ATC's thanks for showing us the technique
Hugs LIn

Sandra Strait said...

Wonderful technique!

Daniella said...

Awesome work!! I LOVE the melted crayon technique!!
xxDaniella

Shanna Shands said...

I must say we don't have crayons in our house but this would be super fun!

Unknown said...

This is just adorable- great tips!

Katherine Clayton said...

These ATCs are just . . . well, AWESOME!!! Now I need to go raid my dd's crayon stash so I can try this out myself. lol Thanks so much for sharing with and inspiring all of us!!!

Barbara Rankin said...

Love that technique. Might have to give that a try.