Monday, June 17, 2013

Pure Imagination

I had 3 or 4 pages left in my small Staphmore Visual journal, so I took them out and did some backgrounds with the Melted Crayon technique. Just to have some backgrounds. This is one of the pages I did the background.


The crayons I used were magenta, a yellow and a green yellow. I took used some white craft paint over a tree mask. When it dried you can see some of the magenta crayon coming through the paint. Really cool! When it dried I took a black Bic pen and outlined the tree. I stamped the Unicorn on white cardstock with the black Menento ink pad. Colored him in with the metallic color pencils by Faber-Castell.  I attached him on the page with Miracle tape. The unicorn needed a friend so I took one of the wood embellishments pieces by Prima, colored both sides with yellow craft paint(I didn't know which way the birdie wanted to face). Glued him using Aileen's tacky. I used the "Pure imagination"stamp for the page. When I got this stamp I cut the words apart, it is easier for me to use it this way. Yes I know the 'P' in Pure is cut off. I was kinda ticked when I pulled the stamp up. But I'm going to let it go and say its part of the process of art journaling.



Stamps used

Items used
Staphmore visual journal Mixed media paper
Crayola crayons
Craft iron
White craft paint
Tree mask
Bic pen
Black Menento ink pad
Metallic color pencils
Prima wood embellishment

This is my last Viva Las VegaStamps Design Team project for this term. It's a blast working for this company, and working with some amazing talented artists on this team. Its been a dream come true. I tried out for this team three times before I made it on the 3rd try. That is how much I love this company. I want to thank DeeDee for all her hard work she does for us, and letting me be on this awesome team. I will be trying out again for the next term. :)

3 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful journal page! You'll be missed!

Giorgia Rossini said...

I received today your gorgeous gift, thank you so much, I love all the stamps!!
next September I will flight to Ovest USA, including Las Vegas, I hope to visit your shop! the Harley themed and Route 66 Stamps will be just perfect for the page about my trip... how did you know that?! you are special!!
thank you again, ciao dall'Italia

Sandy Jones said...

love your page sweet, it wont be the same with out you i loved seeing every thing you did,, x