Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Anyone Have a Quarter??? Having Some Hot Summer Fun at
Viva Las VegaStamps!!!




Welcome to Viva Las Vegastamps! It's July and it's time to turn up the heat for some summertime fun! Susan here today with a hot little number just in time for the 4th of July... this is one of those times that a stamped image is worth a thousand words - and a good belly laugh, too! Did you know that among the over 20,000 stamps in the Viva Las VegaStamps! catalogue... there's a section of "NAUGHTY" stamps, too. 

 

I recently received this "Nudie" girl in a grab bag from VLVS! and I knew exactly how I wanted to use her. She's like a 50s pinup girl and goes perfectly with my coin-operated "Space Ship" – I fondly remember these outside so many stores when we were kids.


I have always wanted to try some stepped folded cards and this project is perfectly showcased with a specialty folded card. I used my paper trimmer and Scor-Pal to easily form a "Center Step Card" base to mount some patterned paper scraps received from my scrap swap group {we gather up our scraps and trade for a new stash of scraps}.


I stamped "Space Ship" #9191 on plain white cardstock, masked with sticky notes and then stamped "Nudie" #748 using Staz-On Black ink for a waterproof image to hold up to my hand-coloring.

 

I just returned from a crafty road trip to attend the StampFest in Orlando this past weekend with my sister and Mom where I came across an interesting little gadget called an "action wobble". I never heard of these before - and they are so GREAT!!! Action Wobbles are a one-of-a-kind self-adhesive collapsible spring that adds motion and dimension to flat objects for a unique 3D effect. They add FUN to anything creative and are my newest addition to my supply arsenal.


I hand-colored the image with Ranger Distress Markers and my water brush. For the space ship, I applied Brushed Pewter Ranger Distress Stain on my craft sheet and picked up color with my water brush to apply to my image. I fussy cut out the image and cut apart space ship from the stand. I adhered the stand to card base with Miracle Tape, then layered the ship with the Action Wobble
She's ready for another ride... Anybody have a quarter???



•••••••••••

Supplies used: STAMPS - "Nudie" #748, and "Space Ship" #9191. Other supplies: white cardstock; Staz-On Black inkMiracle TapeDiamond GlazeRanger Distress Markers; Water Brush; Brushed Pewter Ranger Distress Stain; Star gem stickers; patterned paper scraps; paper trimmer; Scor-Pal and an Action Wobble disk.

Thanks so much for dropping by. We have a BRAND NEW Viva Las VegaStamps! Design Team - so you definitely want to subscribe to the blog feed and to the Viva Las VegaStamps! newsletter to be IN THE KNOW of everything going on at the Viva Las Vegastamps! store. There's so much amazing inky inspiration to see!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. I'll be back soon with another stamping adventure...and my round 5 projects I made to play along with the Gallery Idol Competition. Did you take the challenge???  Sb

6 comments:

Michelle said...

This is awesome!
I remember those coin-operated contraptions. They gave you whiplash. And I LOVED it!
I love this too! I've never seen one of those action-wobble things, but it's oh-so-perfect for that stamp! You are so clever!

Glenda T. said...

This is so awesome!!! I have that nudie pin up and never thought to use stars to cover up her bits, genius!!!

Robin Horasanian said...

She's fun and funny! Great card, Susan!

Tera Callihan said...

This is awesome!! I love that coin operated say ship I might just need it!!!!

Squiddy said...

Gorgeous lady, but those gals charge more than a quarter if you want to ride them these days ... inflation, you know!

opbestcom7 said...

Definitely, what a fantastic website and revealing posts, I definitely will bookmark your site.Have an awsome day!

Click here to chceck my blog :: 풀싸롱