Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Little House of Madness


Poe Shrine Full
Hello, it's Amy here today to share my first ever attempt at an ATC. I decided to also create a shrine for my ATC, so Mr. Edgar Allan Poe has a little house for his
brilliantly mad mind.
 Poe ATC
To create the look I was after with my ATC, I started with one standard size ATC card, and after painting it with iridescent green paint, I stamped it, using the cursive writing background stamp in black ink. Next, I used a 1.5" smaller piece of cardstock, and painted it with an aqua mist. When that was dry, I stamped randomly with the nesting gears and coffee ring stain stamps,using brown and black inks. I stamped the Poe stamp onto another piece of paper, and then sponged black ink around his face. When that had dried, I hand doodled circles around the face as well, using a template, cut them out, and mounted it using foam tape. Adding some metal embellishments gave it steampunk/time passing flair.

poe shrine roof
When creating my ATC shrine, (from Retro Cafe Art) I also stamped over the painted and papered outside, using the cursive writing stamp here as well.

I am super excited about my first ATC, and the little house it has to reside in. I've already been so inspired by the creations of the design team, I cannot wait to create another very soon! Keep an eye out for more fabulous ATC sized projects from the design team as we continue to celebrate our ATC bash!

Supplies: 
Viva Las VegaStamps!: Coffee Ring Stain, Nesting Gears, Cursive writing background, Poe
Ink: Momento-Tuxedo Black, Clearsnap mix'd media inx-noir, Ranger Archival-Coffee.
Paint: Plaid, Mist: Heidi Swapp Color Shine- Teal
ATC Shrine, watch gears, skull bead: Retro Cafe Art
Metal Embellishments: Tim Holtz, Bead Landing, vintage
Chipboard Gears: UmWowStudio




17 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Waht an awesome shrine!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sandra!! :D

NWFlamingo said...

This is very cool! I'll bet Edgar is feeling really special!

Nancy said...

LOVE your ATC and shrine! They are absolutely Amazing!!!!

Tanya said...

Love these so much! Awesome job!!!

Lindart said...

Don't you just love this ATC size? Yo have done a wonderful ATC for your first, and the shrine brings it up to Brilliant!

Julie S said...

You're a natural. What a fabulous ATC (and shrine)!

by belle said...

Fantastic ATC Amy...are you sure you have never made one before?? :)

Diana Fernandez said...

Oh how cute! I love this ATC

Tristan Robin said...

I love, Love, LOVE this! The ATC is terrific on its own - but the shrine makes it a little work of art treasure!

Unknown said...

Nice SteamPunk

Chark said...

I didn't even know there was a Poe stamp--this is so cool!

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

Wow! Stunning alterATC!

Tera Callihan said...

This is Amazing!!! I Love IT!!!!!!!!

Sue in OR said...

Love it!!!

Naomi said...

Amazing.

BonnieLass said...

Just gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your art. LOVE it!