Monday, May 05, 2014

Mail Art PostCard Made Easy

Hello again fellow stampers!!!

It's me Tera here with another fun mail art tutorial. This time I'm sharing a tutorial for a really fun postcard!
I love the look of vintage postcards so to create the vintage look and feel I decided to go with monochromatic colors and vintage looking stamps


I started by using a piece of card-stock that I cut to 4x6 inches... 
Next I laid out all of the stamps I wanted to use:

Coffee Ring Stain 2 3/4 x 2 1/4

Paris Address 1 1/2 x 3 1/4

Waybill / Invoice background


I used VersaFine ink in Sepia

I started by stamping the man with pipe, I then covered it with a mask. Next I stamped the train slightly overlapping the man with pipe so that it would appear to be coming from behind him. I also added a mask over the train. the business man was stamped next, but I decided not to mask him so that the ledger stamp would show over top of him for more depth. after stamping the ledger in various places and direction I decided to stamp the coffee ring stamp randomly.  Lastly to finish the piece off I stamped Paris address and sponged on ink around the train and man with pipe. Before removing the masks I lightly sponged ink over the white spaces, then drug the ink pad around the edges to finish the complete vintage grunge look.

 Here is what it looks like with the masks in place ^^^

Then here's with out them

I hope this has inspired you to create something fun today!!
Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Love this Tera! Looks awesome!

Tera Callihan said...

Thank you @karen!!! I love how this one came out :D

Happiness Hand In Hand said...

Thank you Nice Card

Annie said...

Great tutorial for this vintage look! I always love getting the details. It's hard to believe how easy you make this sound and how in depth and detailed the card looks.

Tera Callihan said...

Thank you Ladies!! @Annie it truely is this easy! :D

Наташа Бумага-Марака said...

FAB!

VicR said...

Loving your vintage postcards! Thanks for sharing another awesome tutorial, Tera :)
Vicki

Trixi77 said...

Awesome tutorial, Tera. Thanks for sharing this! Im going to try :)

Tera Callihan said...

thank you all!! @Trixi77 I'd love to see what you create!! have fun with it!