Friday, August 15, 2014

Vintage Britophile Mixed Media Canvas

Britophile canvas, VLVS!
Hello stamperphiles! It's Amy here today, to share a canvas I made for my daughter, who is a serious Britophile. She loves ALLL things UK. I wanted to make something that encompassed all things she loves about Brit style, and so I started with a 12x12 canvas board, and strips of vintage style papers. I arranged the torn strips in a loose interpretation of the union jack, and adhered with Mod Podge. To distress the background, I added several mists in light browns, and rolled over them with a brayer to blend. I used the cracked background stamp to add more "distressing," and to go with the tea theme, I stamped with the coffee ring stain stamp. To give the stamp a more muted look, I went over it using the blunt end of a paintbrush, and actual coffee in small amount.
tearing, brito
stamping close, brito
 I took a thrift store teacup, and broke it, adding half to the canvas with E6000. I misted over the cup with brown mist, to give it a vintage look, and then stamped the London telephone booth with Memento ink in tuxedo black. I sprayed over it with fixative once dry, to keep it safe for misting and watercolor. I misted/brayered, and then painted using red watercolor. I like the faded appearance it gives. I also stamped the Big Ben using Delicata Ink, by Imagine Crafts in gold, and fussy cut it out. I added them "inside the teacup, along with a teabag, and embellished. Because I thought the canvas needed a little extra movement, I finished by stamping with the color wheel lines. floral flourish, brito Thanks so much for having a look today, and I hope you go get your stampin' on!! ;) Loves, Amy

3 comments:

by belle said...

Amy! This is GORgeOUS!!!

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW This is so beautiful. I love it. I didn't realize from the picture how 3D it is. Amazing.

Amy Lynne said...

Thank you sooo much ladies! Yeah, that's an actual teacup, broken and glued to the canvas. :)