Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fun with my new Gelli plate

I finally got myself a Gelli plate and had some fun with it!  I'm still a total novice when it comes to using the Gelli plate as this is my first project but I had fun and got messy none the less!  I started off by squirting 3 different colors of bright paint onto my Gelli plate and using my brayer to put the colors all over the plate
Then I laid the Gelli plate down onto my clean page and with my hand smoothed it down to get the paint to transfer.  As you can see by the circles I also used some stencils with black paint.
I also used more stencils with different colors of paint directly onto my Gelli plate and then transferred the plate onto the page again.  At one point I put white paint onto my Gelli plate and then lightly drew some squiggles and then transferred it onto the page, I thought that was kind of neat!
Here is my finished journal page:
 I love the bright fun colors and loved playing with the Gelli plate! Here are some close ups


The stamps I used for this project were the hitchhiker stamp, the row of stars, the star pin, the not all who wander are lost, on the flip side and the chevrons.

I hope you enjoyed my journal page and until next time,

Glenda

2 comments:

Linsey R said...

Very cool journal page!! I've had my gelli plate for quite a few months now and have yet to play with it--unbelievable, I know lol... but today I am inspired to break it open and finally see what I've been missing! I love your work, super cool with the VLVS stamps and thanks so much for sharing! :)

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

in love with this page and the colors and that stamp!! its gorgeous!!