Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Homemade Project Life

I bought the W R Memory Keepers 3 x 4 punch from Winners for like $16.99 and thought I would give it another try.  The last time I couldn't figure out how to open the darn thing so I returned it, plus I had bought it from my local scrap store for $33 so this time the price was right. 
I got the one with the square corners and that way I could either leave them square or round them myself with my paper rounder.

I wanted to do a page Project Life style using papers I cut with the new punch as well as Viva Las VegaStamps!.  How did I like using the punch you ask? It was pretty easy once I figured out how to open it but you do need to use a little force and it got tiring on the hands.  You wouldn't want to make a day of this that's for sure!

NOTE: you have to push down at the exact same time as unlocking this unit. I googled everywhere for this information and had to figure it out myself.  They should indicate this in the directions but they don't. 

I think this will help me use up more of my 12 x 12 papers and it will also be handy for cutting down any 4 x 6 photos.  Here are the papers I cut using a variety of ones from my massive, guilt inducing stash:
I liked how these all went together so I placed some of them onto my pocket page
Then I got the pictures I wanted to use and placed them onto the page as well and placed a few more things on.
Then I started adding some embellishments
Here is my finished page using the couple kissing, the man and woman symbol , the tag and the large arrow heart.
and here is the project without the watermark as it's cutting off the bottom of the page
and a couple close ups

I hope you enjoyed my project and until next time!

1 comment:

Lindart said...

Love it!!