Friday, September 04, 2015

Wild Thing.

Hello, Mary here, and today I have a little something wild to share with you.

My 19th anniversary is this month and I've been trying to find some inspiration for the card I wanted to make for my husband.  A few days ago, he mentioned---out of the blue---how much he loved animal crackers.  BINGO!!

I have a stamp set for that...


I began by grabbing my Animal Crackers stamp set and stamped a few of the critters onto my card base with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  A little bit of shadowing added with some Copic markers and I was ready to add texture with stitching.



There seemed to be too much white space, so I grabbed my Heart Outline stamp and did some generation stamping to create a sort of bokeh effect.  A little splattered glue sprinkled with glitter adds some serious bling!!

I finished it off with a typed 'WILD THING, i think I LOVE YOU' sentiment and a few punched out hearts and clear sequins to really pump up the sparkle.  It's the perfect mix of us!  He likes the crackers...I like glitter...HA!!

 And because I was sooo diggin' these stamps, I decided to stamp out a few more.  I left these plain, so I could personalize them when the time comes---like 'CONGRATS on your new wild thing' for a new baby??  Yup!


And that's it for me!  Now, go grab your favorite VLVS rubber and get crafty!!

xx Mary

2 comments:

ionabunny said...

These are fun. Love the red one. Hugz

by belle said...

I love the colored shadowing!! So much FUN!!