Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Mousey Monthly Challenge inspiration

Hello Every one!! 

Tera here today with a little something to inspire you for this months 

monthly inspiration challenge!!! 



The words that inspired me were: weird, different, grey, tan, black, white, neutrals, mice, rays, critters, cheese, numbers, splatters, light bulb, bright ideas, light bulb moment, spritz, distressed and grungy
(Stamps used at bottom of post)


To start I used plain card stock to cut out a tag measuring 2 3/4" x 4 3/4"
Next I stamped my mouse/rat and the set of 3 triangles so that I would have the placement of my focal images.. 


(if you want to make masks this is the time to mask them off... this time I just glued cut outs on top of each of these after I did the background).

now I stamped all of my background images in a kind of randomness... The coffee ring was stamped in distress ink- pumice stone, I also used this to sponge ink onto the entire background. all of the other images were stamped in black ink. (archival and versafine were on my desk today).  I also used the black ink to distress the edges of my tag

(same thing for the back of the tag)
(to make the light bulb Pop and look 3D I edged it in black pan pastels)

For the crinkle ribbon I used vintage photo, pumice stone, and black distress ink on my craft mat with a little water. 


I hope this inspired you to join in our challenge! 

I can't wait to see everyone's creations!!! 

Stamps Used: 

Creepy Rat With Cheese 2 x 2 1/4

Large Lightbulb 2 x 3

 Writing Triangles 1 1/4 x 3 1.4

Tape X 1 3/4 x 1 3/4

Plate 1455 (the last 4 above are all from this plate... Honestly this is my must have all time fave plate... so here is the link to it too) 






3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic, love it !
Corrie x

Tera Callihan said...

Thank you!!!

by belle said...

Great tags Tera!!