Friday, January 06, 2017

Handmade Phone Case and Key Chain by Susanne

Hi my dear crafty friends!

It's Susanne writing today and I'd like to share a homemade phone case. I used some gelli printed white KraftTex and the "Whimsical Horned Boy" as my main image. KraftTex is a rugged paper that looks and feels like leather, but sews and cuts just like fabric. Some of you might also know it as SnapPap.


I cut my KraftTex matching my mobile phone (plus some seam allowance) and added some texture with the "Waybill/Invoice Background" and the "Number Strip" using different inks (Memento Luxe, StazOn). The main image is stamped on tissue paper and adhered with Gel Medium. I wanted a very good impression, so I decided not to stamp on the rough surface of the gelli printed KraftTex.


I added some stamping on the back, as well (Radioactive) before I sew it together. I cut a whole with my Crop-A-Dile in the top left corner to add a homemade charm. I made it with white Shrink Foil and the "Whimsical Face".


Finally I had some KraftTex left, so I decided to make a little key chain, too. I embossed the "Whimsical Key Man" with WOW! Primary Ebony before I sewed everything together.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xx Susanne.



Supplies:
Viva Las VegaStamps!:
Radioactive (Plate 827)
Whimsical Face (Plate 953)
Whimsical Horned Boy (Plate 1462)
Waybill/Invoice Background (Plate 1440)
Number Strip (Plate 1428)
The Truth Is Out There (Plate 1449)
Whimsical Key Man (Plate 1448)
Other:
Acrylic Paints
Gel Medium
Tissue Paper
Gelatine Plate
KraftTex (SnapPap)
Sewing Machine
WOW! Primary Ebony Powder
VersaMark Ink
Memento Luxe Ink
StazOn
Shrink Foil




4 comments:

Julie S said...

I"m sitting here staring at the screen with my mouth agape. This is INCREDIBLE!!! I am feeling so inspired right now...

by belle said...

So bright and fun!!!

Cheetarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it!!

Susanne Rose said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Hugs!